Re: removing fuel pump

Andy, I would definitly get the water/gas cleaned out of the boot and
replair the cover so that doesn't happen again. I check mine
periodically for that. Before you try to take the fuel pump out you
might want to try one thing first. Lay a small piece of cardboard on
top on the engine and take out the cold start valve and lay it on the
cardboard. Then try to start the car, just a quick turn over or two.
If gas is pumping and under pressure the cold start valve system is
working ok then it will squirt a little gas onto it. If no gas, then
I would proceed to make sure the pump is turning on when someone else
turnes the key so you can listen or feel it. Normally it will turn on
for a second or two then stop because it built up the pressure. Try
that first. If the pump comes on and doesn't quit running, then it
may have a broke diaphram. Runs but very little pressure. The pump
has and electric motor in it with a diaphram to create the pressure.
This will help to determine if it's gas problem or you can check the
spark to the plugs. If you need help on removal it's pretty easy, and
you can call my office 800-413-3300.
John Hervey
specialTauto.com

the --- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> i think my problem with starting lies in my fuel pump.
> i opened my trunk and there's murky water inside the
> boot with all the connections underwater.....
> hmm. :-(
>
> can someone tell me if the pump is a gravity pull pump or how does
it work?
[moderator snip]