Re: Gold DeLorean - Plus Torsion Bars

Good eye seeing those sliding windows, but I dont know whats up with
them either.

I acually have another question spawned upon reading part of the
article legible in one of the pictures. It said "the doors are
counterbalanced using cryogenically pre-set stainless steel torsion
bars". Whats up with this stainless still bit? There was a short
discussion I brought up a few months ago about this, and I thought it
was settled that the torsion bars were regular steel. I looked at
mine, and sure enough, it looks like there is a tad bit of surface
rust on small parts of them. This almost has me concerned though, if
the torsion bars will rust, wont that pose a safety hazard considering
the power stored in them? So perhaps we could get an "offical" word
on the construction of the torsion bars. Are they regular, or
stainless?

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960