car mysteriously won't start!!!!

Hello all,

i took my D out of storage about three weeks ago and all's been well. in
fact i've been using it as a daily driver to get it up to speed again.

anyway, the last two days, the car will not start! this is very confusing
because the car has had no problems with starting AT ALL since i bought the
car last fall. now all of sudden i just put the key in, it turns and turns
and turns, and nothing happens. the car won't start. it keeps cranking and
cranking but nada.

anyway, after i crank a couple of times, i can hear a relay or module in my
fuse block clicking a couple of times then stops. i have not been able to
figure out which one is doing this because it only does it a couple of times.
maybe this has something to do with my problem?

fyi - my battery was dead when i came out on tuesday. i believe my door
lights were not turning off so i have disconnected them and put the battery
on a charger. yesterday i went out to start the car - the battery had been
charging for a few hours and it probably wasn't totally charged yet. but i
sat there and cranked until the battery started to get weak, and it did
pretty quickly (after only three tries), so i thought my battery just wasn't
charged enough to start the car. so i put it on a charger all night. NOW
this morning i came out to start it, and what do you know - it cranks and
cranks but no ignition.

anyone have any clue what happened here? this is very confusing for me
because this is very out-of-the-blue. maybe something came loose in my
engine compartment? i was back there the day it stopped starting looking for
my temperature sending unit. but i don't think i knocked something loose
because the car worked just fine after i put it back together because i ran
to the store with it.

so, any thoughts? i really do not know a ton about engines so i am even MORE
confused!

thanks so far,
Andy

Soma576@xxxx