RE. Headlight trouble

The headlight switch has a small orange clip in it which keeps it in place
when you put it on dip and beam, mine broke but rather that spend money on
replacing it with a new unit I found the same Lucas part on a Mini in a
scrap yard. People will probably reply saying that the Mini headlight
dip/beam unit will not fit over the DeLorean steering column which is true
but the plastic clip on the Mini switch unit is the same and can be put into
the DeLorean switch. The only difference I found was that the piece of
plastic was yellow rather than orange.
There are a couple of springs in the switch unit when you take it apart but
if you take it apart slowly nothing should fly anywhere, it is one of those
jobs you want to do at the breakfast table rather than in the work shop.

On the first page of my home page www.dmc12.co.uk you can see the orange
transplanted component I did document the job in great detail but sadly I
have lost the pictures.

Anyway hope this helps.

Regards

James Rg