Re: [DML] Re: Consecutive VINs

In a message dated 06-Mar-01 10:56:04 PM GMT Standard Time,
knut.s.grimsrud@xxxx writes:

> The survey data also casts doubt on the commonly reported figure
> of 8583 vehicles produced (the stats estimate about 9200 cars
> manufactured). I wonder where this original figure came from -- does
> anyone have an original _DMC_ source for this commonly cited number?
> I'm not interested in non-original sources for the number like
> DeLorean World, or other publications that are merely re-reporting the
> figure -- I want to know where the figure _originated_ from.

The British goverment investigation into DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. by the
Committee of Public Accounts (1983-84) issued the following statistic;
"...and sales of cars to 31 January 1982 were:-
cars produced.....8,333
cars shipped to USA.....7,401..."
Keeping in mind that production continued (albeit limited) thru 1982 then it
seems reasonable that 9200 cars in total might be a more accurate figure.
Come to Eurofest 2001 and ask the many former employees who will be attending
- they'll probably know for sure!

Robert Lamrock
Belfast