Re: Lift it up question

---
Regarding Jack stands, I spent the better part of last winter
scraping my frame.It was up in the air most of the time for about 3
months.

What I did was buy standard jack stands( four of them )and weld a
4x6" flat plate on them.I would place them in the Four Corners of
the frame, which I believe is the optimum location (or at least a
good location) for supporting a Delorean.

Note: I didn't even raise the car all the way up in one shot,
I did it in steps and checked it constantly until I got to the
desired height and I usually had cement blocks under the wheels
And even a 5th and sometimes a 6th jack stand under the car
just in case something unexpected happened.

If this sounds excessive to you, I invite you to stop by for a visit
and I will introduce you to my neighbor Joe who will be in a wheel
chair the rest of his life and experiences constant pain, Joe is
lucky to be alive after his van fell on him when the jack slipped.

There is also the ultimate way to lift a car and that is to get a
lift in your garage, this will also give you the ability to store an
extra car in the garage under many circumstances. You can buy a lift
for about $2500 and up and once you have one you will wonder how you
lived without it.

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic, DLORIANN
Got a used lift for Christmas and loving it!