Re: Rear speaker sizes

I replaced the rear speakers in my car with Pioneer p/n 130tsa5715
speakers from Crutchfield. I think they are 5x7. They really made the
ASI sound much better, the origional speakers were stiff and sounded
awfull. The fronts are now Pioneer p/n 130ts879 3-1/2 2- way and were
bolt-in. The rears took a little pushing to fit but the hardest part
was removing the rear trim to get to them. Use a heat gun and
puttyknife, go slowly and patiently so as not to rip the vinyl. The
origional radios can't power a sub-woofer so at that point you are
also changing the radio unless you add an amplifier. I have seen some
installations where a panel was fabricated to go below the rear window
behind the seat and the speakers were installed in it. With the right
carpeting covering it it looks factory but you give up some valuable
room on the rear shelf. The compartment behind the driver's seat (the
"vault") makes a good place for the c/d changer if you can give that
up.(Keep it removable in case you need to get to the lambda computer).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> I am in the process of replacing all the speakers in my car.
The other