Craig Radio Manual on Zilla Site

Good news / Bad news.

The upcoming Zilla site deloreanparts.com
has the entire service manual for the DMC Craig 81 Radio.

The bad news ?
Sites not up just yet but the home page is.
If you would like the manual, post me there.
The email function of the site is working.

Having been Factory Service Mgr for Craig Car Stereo in the late 70's, I
can tell you that the ribbon cable that feeds the display has a hairline
sheer.
I am inclined to agree with David T. (vin 10757)
The everage tech will have great difficulty attempting to repair this flex
cable. It can be repaired but requires EXTRAORDINARY skill to properly jump
the traces on the flex PC. There is a detailed post on this in the DML
archives tech area.
However, 1 key point was NOT addressed. If you are successful at repairing
the ribbon cable it will break again.

The problem:
YOU MUST reroute the flex cable OVER the top hinge bar that the display hangs
on instead of under it. By routing it OVER the bar, when the cassette door
opens inward it won't kink the cable. It will flex in a graceful arc.
The down side:
The cable itself becomes a quater inch shorter and might not reach the
plug. This depends on the revision of the main radio board and the plug's
exact placement.
At this point the hard work is done and extending the flex cable's leads to
meet the plug is fairly easy.

Frank Russo
Zilla
deloreanparts.com