Re: Door Handles (who has plastic?...)

In a message dated 2/20/01 10:39:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, dmcjoe@xxxx
writes:

<< Let my try this again.

P & M Bailey, Who is selling plastic door handles for $100? >>

I'd like to hear the answer to that one too. Maybe the writer was just
speaking in hyperbole. So far as I've heard, plastic handles have been out
of stock and generally unavailable almost from the beginning. Apart from
being stronger, the metal is supposedly the only type available. Of course,
if you want to be Concours, you're going to be hard pressed to find a
replacement. And it won't be cheap. Bob Miller, who is on this DML, just
bought one. I saw it on e-bay. I have no idea what he may be selling it
for. I have one myself, new in the bag, that I've never needed on my daily
driver... if anyone makes me a good offer I might part with it.
Lots of cars have plastic handles, BTW, and my DeLorean's have lasted 19
years. How many cars on the road today with brand new plastic handles will
even be drivable 19 years from now? :) Maybe 5%?

Wayne A. Ernst
The New DeLorean Manuals Project