Re: Probs with fuel pump & RPM relay

Joe, Your correct. What I meant to say and left off by mistake: If
the impulse coil in the distributor goes out, you will not be able to
start the car unless you hot wire (the fuel pump). Under normal
conditions, the car would have to cool down before it will restart
and drive a little futher untill the impulse coil heats up again,
then a defective impulse coil will open and the car will die again. I
have driven about 1 to 2 miles b/4 it heats up again. I was trying to
clarify what Knut said (Quote): The RPM relay receives an impulse
from the coil. A lot of people may assume ignition coil instead of
impulse coil. Some people my not even know there is an impulse coil
in the distributor and what it does. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.
I have a eraser on my pencil to.
John
www.specialTauto.com