Re: [DML] Zilla Says Howdy to All + Walt

Re: [DML] Zilla Says Howdy to All + Walt

Walt,

You said, concerning the cooling fan circuit:

"Perhaps the best fix would be a combination of these two. Re-route the fan
power around the main relay and stage the loads"

The cooling fans do not receive power through either the accessory or run
relay they are powered directly from the battery, therefore there is no need
to change that part of the circuit.

You said:

"Since the door struts are custom made just for the DeLorean, perhaps y'all
can start having them made with dampening springs to soften the blow when
they reach their maximum extension".

The door struts sold by both DeLorean Services and PJ Grady are built with
an "end of travel dampening feature".

You said, concerning your recent alternator purchase:

"The pulley was 4mm off from where it should have been for the DeLorean. I
ended up making a new adjustable alternator bracket from scratch".

This is why I strongly suggest that you purchase your replacement parts from
reputable DeLorean suppliers. We not only insure that the products we sell
will fit and work as expected we also field test these products to insure
that situations like you mentioned don't happen. As an example I did over
three years of testing with feed back from customers before I marketed my
Overheat Protector to the masses.

And finally you said:

"Besides, the vendor I bought it from (DMC Joe) told me to just goop it up
with Form-A-Gasket. He didn't offer to send me a replacement. I could have
asked for a replacement, but that wouldn't have been as much fun ..."

Just to be sure no one misunderstands your statement, DeLorean Services
stands behind all of the parts and products that it sells. Our vendors, PJ
Grady, Zilla Products, DMC Houston, and several independent suppliers will
gladly replace any defective product sold through us. Additionally all items
purchased from us include full time technical support for the life of the
product from YOURS TRULY!

One final comment to you Walt; it's a pleasure to have you on the list,
although some of your writings are a little long you always offer accurate
and valuable information to the list; keep up the good work.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>