Re: No Heat?

There are many obvious things to check first before going really
deep.
Is the heater still connected? Maybe the core leaked and a previous
owner disconnected the heater hoses. Is the heater valve stuck
closed?
If it leaked and corroded it might not function. Is the cooling
system
filled with anti-freeze and all of the air bled out? If the cooling
system is low on coolant you won't get heat and if the core is full
of
air you still won't. Once you can get the core to heat up now see if
the fan is blowing enough air over it to transfer the heat. Areas to
check are fan rotation, mode switch for vacuum leaks and proper
operation, vacuum motors for proper activation of the duct doors,
etc.
Maybe the motor doesn't have a thermostat so it never really gets
warm
enough to give you heat. A heater hose could be kinked. You get the
idea. A good visual inspection usually turns up the culprit.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757