Re: [DML] Zilla Reliability

(Moderators note: I belive the comparison of these two items has been covered as much as we need to hear so I'm killing this thread un less something entirely new is brought up)

Mike, Your right, the Zilla products are good products, I don't know of
anyone even me who will question that, I can't see Bob or any engineer
spending time to come up with a mouse trap to fail or to be marginal. My
simple Fixes just come at the problems a different way and they also work
with reliability. I just don't have several years behind me. But time is
flying :>) . As you I'm sure know , between the fans and the power source
there are two methods of protection. Not to start another big bebate, the
circuit breaker that I get calls for to me is overated at 40 amps when the
fans only pull 27 to 28 amps together. I think they should be 30/35 amps, but
people don't want the nussance of a little heat so they put in 40's. Also we
have had several disussions about fusing the fans individually at 20 amps on
each leg. I fuse mine at 15 amps. I have tested new and old, with and w/o
load and the fans are pulling 13 to 14 amps each. Plus, as you know if
wires arn't crimped and soldered properly,
( I use rosin paste flux also ) it will cause them to over heat and melt.
All these problems have been addressed in the The Fan Fail Fix. Plus the
extra wire that luminates the light on the dash as a visual recognition of
power or failure. It's also helpfull to see how the AC is cycling. It does
have it's little +'s.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com