Re: AC and fanzilla question

Ok, I guess I am going to open my big mouth again. This was just a
thread that was "in discussion" about people posting advertisement on
the DML. If I am not mistaken it is clearly stated that there is no
advertising on the DML in the rules. Now if someone posted a response
saying "check out our/my website for more details and pricing" that I
feel is ok...but to give out prices and compare them to other vendor
prices on the DML I feel is wrong.

On another note: I am an electrical engineer and comparing a Heavy
Duty Relay to a "Smart" Logic circuit with Heavy Duty Relays is a big
difference (I am sure Mr. Zilla could better describe it since he
disigned it). The cost of the Zilla is the cost of engineering,
design and guarantee of the electronic circuit and circuit board plus
a small profit. I think for the price it's going fo it's a very good
price. I know the costs involved in designing and building
circuits...I was in charge of designing prototype circuit (very
complex circuits I might add :-)) and I know what's involved and the
costs. I am not arguing that one is better than the other, but to
directly compare the two is way out in left field and you are
comparing apples to oranges.

>From what I have seen on the site about the MaxiBrute...it looks like
an open Relay (not encased)...that has no place in any automotive
application. Moisture WILL affect the contacts of the relay causing
oxidation and leading to intermittent contacts. Also if any thing
comes in contact with with the relay contacts and shorts it out (to
ground, each other, ect) you are going to have a BIG problem. If you
look at any other car relay, every relay is encased in a plastic
housing and it is completely sealed at the seams. Even if there was a
plastic cover that is placed over it, it still won't be sealed from
the elements.

You also said that you can leave only one fan on and one off? NO WAY
would you want to do that. You are then only cooling one half of the
radiator and leaving the other hot? Using my Jeep as an example, it
has two fans, one mechaincal one electric (as do other cars do too).
There is a temp sensor on the half of the radiator where the electric
fan sits...if the temp rises to high it kicks it on, temp drops turns
it off. The reason why I am using my Jeep as an example is because it
has the same type of cooling system as the D, an enclosed one. When
my electric fan died on me I had problems coming close to overheating
since there was only one fan doing all the cooling....and that one
was on all the time!

Sorry I had to post this but I will always support good comments
posted and feel that I have to speak out against negative ones that
are posted.

My two cents worth.

Steve

BTW, I X'ed out all the prices, don't need to advertise them again.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, dherv10@xxxx wrote:
> <SNIP>
My fan fix also addresses the low voltage
> problem to the main relay that the Zilla doesn't. Again, Just a
very common
> sence approach to a very simple problem. Plus mine is only $XX.00,
not
> $XXX.00+. Guaranteed.I own three cars as you can see on the web
site, so I
> have stuided the problems out. Plus I was in electronics for years.
But, I'm
> not an engineer.If you look at other parts that the big dealers
sell. Just do
> a comparison.
> SpecialTauto.com There's
> De Lorean 150 amp Alt. $XXX.00 There's 105 amp
$XXX.00
> Fan Fix $XX.00 There's
$XXX.00