DeLorean One

Dear Group,
I have withheld this story long enough but I feel it must be told.
I first met Ed & Millie Bernstein in January of 1983 to talk about forming a
DeLorean club or clubs. I was instrumental in forming the Pacific Northwest
DeLorean Club (PNDC) which started on February 26, 1983. Ed and company
formed the DOA soon after. I met again, later, with Ed and he wanted the
PNDC to become a chapter of DOA. Our membership voted this down and chose
to remain independent. I have been to Ed's shops, old & new, with my wife &
my DeLorean. We purchased some items while there. I always considered Ed
and Millie as "friends" and until now was member #797 of DOA having joined
(I think) in later 1983. I know the Truscotts and other past DOA officers.
The above serves only to establish my connection with the
Bernstein's/DeLorean One/DOA.
Fast forward to April, 2000. I need to have a brake master cylinder
overhauled. I take my old cylinder plus a rebuild kit from my parts
inventory to a machine shop recommended to me, Seattle Brake and Clutch.
Doug, manager, tells me that they can rebuild any cylinder so a few days
later I took to them an old and leaking clutch master and slave, with
instructions to "fix these". Seattle Brake & Clutch had problems finding
the proper parts for these cylinders and ON THEIR VERY OWN cruised the WEB
and all by themselves found DeLorean One. Again, on their own with no
information from me, Doug calls DeLorean One and is told "yes we have the
repair kits but we need a VIN number to be certain" Doug then called me to
obtain said number. I didn't say a word but suspected what was happening.
I gave Doug my VIN #6292. He again called Ed (by this time Doug knew he was
talking to an Ed) and tried to order needed parts. Upon giving Ed my Vin
number and waiting for quite a few seconds, Ed came back and told Doug
"sorry, we have no parts for that car" AND HUNG UP THE PHONE!!! Does this
mean that if I ever sell my car that the new owner can never purchase parts
from DeLorean One? Because I have purchased most of my needed parts from
Specialty Automotive in Olympia, WA., does this mean that even given the
fact that I know Ed & Millie that I can never purchase parts from them?
While I have been a member of this list and the DeLorean community for many
years, I have read many accounts with regard to Ole Ed. I never partook in
Ed bashing, remember, I considered them friends and thought that the
DeLorean community needed DeLorean One and any and all shops and/or
suppliers. I have now dropped my membership from Ed's club and as many
other people do, consider Ed to be a complete a--, who does not deserve to
even use the name DeLorean connected with his endeavor. Count me now as a
member of the Ed Bernstein bashing team. I will do all I can to steer
people away from DeLorean One and his DOA, the same DOA that has never
published a club treasury balance sheet. Do they too have something to
hide?