Tire Availability (was Re: Matching tyres in the UK)

Tire Availability (was Re: Matching tyres in the UK)

I was wondering this question myself earlier, so I figured that there
might be others out there wondering the same thing. With talk of
Yokohama slowing down/cutting production, I was a bit worried about
tire availability for matching sets. Surfing around the internet for
the past hour, I've been to a few tire manufacturer sites. If Yokohama
were to cancel tire production, there wouldn't be a problem finding
new tires to fit the D. Although I do admit that I would sorely miss
the Yoko's! From what I've seen, the Dean Cheetah Touring G/T's don't
look too bad. A close match so far appears to be the Nitto NT-460
Premium Touring. A friend of mine though highly reccomended the Cooper
Cobra's from past expierience with his cars (all non-DeLorean).
Personally, I don't have any reccomendations for tires at this time
other then the Yoko's. Just listing some of the other options
available.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, loweryd@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
>I also called Yokohama
> (800-722-9888)and they said that they indeed "slowed down"
production
> of the AVS Intermediate and that they will replace that tire line
with
> another sometime this year.
<SNIP>