Spare (Donut) tire

First, what a great forum, thanks to all of you. Now that I can get my
wheels off here's what happened with my spare. It held no air, it also
had the nozzle from an aerosol can stuck between the bead and the wheel
on the inside. Are we talking sloppy folks out there? After airing it
up, (it had obviously been flat for many months or years) it was again
zero air the next morning, leaking all around the front of the rim.
Took it to the local tire shop and they have a product called bead seal
and they proceeded to brush it all the way around the bead. Held
everywhere except where the nozzle was but in a couple of day that
sealed too so now have full complement of air. Not sure of the point of
this other than this being my first experience with bead seal. I was
going to get a new tire but none in my town. For now we go with the old
one.

Les