Re: Auto Trans Problems

I am going to reply for David since I just ran into this and was
totally confused.

The connector for the Solenoids can be disconnected at the test
connector that sits in the engine compartment. You disconnect the
wires under the cap after carefully noting which wire goes where -
then the wire disconnects from the test connector - took about 3
minutes once I realized what to do.

In all I would say if you don't have to drop the drain pan and remove
the solenoids inside you could do the whole replacement in about 2.5
to 3 hours (depends on how many bleeding knuckles you are willing to
have) :)

The procedure is listed in the service manual where it discuesses
removing the GC. I don't have the precise listing in front of me tho.

Matthew L. Walker
VIN #1219

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio@xxxx> wrote:
> David,