Re: Reality check... (long, but informative...)

Re: Reality check... (long, but informative...)

Dan,
A quote of mine was amongst those that you clipped from the Lotus
mailing list and forwarded to this group. However, what you didn't
clip was my followup post:

//BTW: I didn't mean to disparage an DeLorean owners out there (eg.
//Mike G.) with my envy comment. The DMC-12 and the Esprit just seem
//to be designed with different goals in mind, so I find the need to
//compare them interesting and sometimes entertaining.
//
// -Gary

After reading my original post again, I was worried that it sounded
too condescending towards DeLorean owners.

I do agree with the point of your email. The DeLorean is a fantastic
car. I currently own a '95 Lotus Esprit S4s, and I plan on parking a
DeLorean next to it some day. No single car can be the best at
everything, but people tend to get so attached to "their" brand that
they cannot appreciate the car for what it is and recognize other
vehicles for their strengths. I see it on most of the car lists I
subscribe (the Corvette and Viper lists are the worst!), and sometimes
I just have to laugh.

-Gary G.
Esprit S4s
DMC-12 (someday!)