[DML] Re: Battery Straps.

Steve and group,
I had a similar problem about a year ago which I solved by unplugging the
caution lights on my driver's side door. The problem with mine was that the
material surrounding the plunger switch had deteriorated, and made it so the
plate on the door didn't push the plunger in far enough to turn off the
lights. I didn't notice the problem until I shut the door one night after
dark, and realized there was still a sliver of light reflecting off the
ground. If I had turned on my interior lights, I probably would have noticed
the problem a lot sooner, but as it was, I ended up completely draining two
brand new batteries over several months.
I do also have the Motorola alternator on mine, which I haven't had a
single problem with in two years. (knock on wood) In fact, ever since I
unplugged those lights I haven't had a battery drainage problem at all...and my
battery isn't tied down either.
-Josh
VIN 5102
VIN 15964