Computer Modeling...

Hi gals and guys,

I am currently in a senior engineering computer modeling course that
analyzes the stresses, strains, and surface interactions of objects.
The course uses ANSYS computer modeling for those who are
interested. At any rate, I was wondering if any of you had an idea
of a part from the Delorean that you would like us to try to model.
It would need to be something geometrically simple, or something we
could represent as a simple computer model. This could be like a
hinge or a structural piece (no crankshafts, torque converters,
etc.). Anyway, I thought someone out there might have an idea of
something that we could practice on, and if you do, please feel free
to contact me via email at: jschwab(at)utk.edu. What I would need
is a sketch of the part, with dimensions, force loading (which
directions is it stressed and roughly how much), and the material it
is made of (stainless, aluminum, steel etc.). Email me if you have
any ideas and you think you could help me with obtaining a sketch of
the part. Thanks.

The idea behind computer modeling (for those who are interested) is
to see what areas of the part are highly stressed, then improvements
in the design can be made to reinforce these stressed areas.

John Schwab
jschwab(at)utk.edu