ADMIN: List Posting HINTS

I have to toss this one up once in a while. Common reminders about
posting to the list.

PLEASE TRIM QUOTES. Posting a three-line reply with a copy of 300
lines from the prior 3 emails is very bad list form. It increases
everyone's download time, and makes searching the archives very
cumbersome. I have been trimming quotes like crazy this week. Not all
of the moderators are as patient. This takes enough time as it is.

PLEASE WATCH REPLIES. When you hit "reply" in your email program to a
[DML] post, it goes back to the list. If you want to avoid an
embarrassing situation (sometimes we catch them, sometimes we don't)
please pay attention to where your mail is going if you are intending
a private reply. You can see it in the address line at the top as you
write.

PLEASE WATCH SUBJECT LINES. When replying to a "digest", change the
subject line to match the subject. When a topic has drifted to a
different subject, please change the subject line to something
appropriate.

PLEASE CHECK THE ARCHIVES. We realize that new people come on to the
list all the time. We suggest that you a)monitor the list for a while
to get a feel for it, and b) read and search the backissue archive
and the FAQ. These are both available at www.dmcnews.com, and the
more recent backissues are avaialble at
http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews
---Of course the people I'm addressing on this one are those that
post common questions about 5 minues after joining the list, and they
won't be reading this because they aren't here yet. Oh
well . . . . . . we were all new at one time. . .

THANKS:
The moderating team