Re: Tow Dolly v. Car Carrier

In regard to calling my car a "trailer queen" I have to take offense.
While it is true I have trailered it, it was done for several reasons
including, having my family with me, not having to spend 2 days
cleaning it so I could take 1st place and 2nd place in the concours(I
guess they do judge the trailer queens hard) not putting more than
2000 miles on it per year (because of insurance), I like to take it to
local car shows and cruise nites so putting over 1000 miles on it just
for 1 show seemed absurd, to limit the possibility of hurting it on
the long drive back and forth, not knowing what the weather would be
like enroute, etc. I also enjoy driving as evidenced by going on the
Rhode Island tour. I intend to preserve the car in pristine condition
for a long time and trailering helps me do that and participate in
shows that are not in my local area. I dare say my car is more
reliable than my daily driver as it is in like new condition and low
mileage. I believe that some examples should be perserved and not by
museums. I think the Marque is best served by presenting to the public
a Delorean that is in excellent condition than some of the worn out
drivers and parts cars that I have seen. I am sure that Ken Koncilick
would agree that it is nice to have pristine cars to compare against
and to show the public that although Deloreans are 20 years old there
are still some nice ones out there. If you think I'm nuts then you
haven't seen a Jaguar concours or a Corvette concours. The levels of
restoration are beyond what the factory created. By the way it is an
enclosed trailer.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxx>
wrote:
--
> driven the DeLorean. The judges are much more critical of Trailer
Queens.