Re: [DML] Upcoming Purchase/Engine swapping & history lesson/Zilla Stuff

Re: [DML] Upcoming Purchase/Engine swapping & history lesson/Zilla Stuff

See Below.

Farrar Hudkins wrote:

> Hello, gang!
<SNIP>
> The VIN for the car I am thinking of buying is SCEDT26T4BD000980.
> The guy has photographs posted at the following URL:
> http://pike.thedial.com/~pat/Jason/new.htm
> The first 10 photographs are for a 5-speed which he is selling, and
> the rest are the automatic I'm thinking of getting. If any of you
> guys/gals have the time to browse through the (somewhat fuzzy) photos
> and let me know if $9,000 is good for this, please feel free! You
> may also e-mail me privately if you wish not to clog up the list.

The pictures look OK, but you would need a better view of other things to set a
value on the car. It is obviously not wrecked, and I assume it "runs" so $9000
may be a good price. I suggest you inspect the frame for rust.

> Completely different topic: I am reading the archives in another
> browser, and in the digest dated 02Jul1996 somebody says something
> about the Eagle Premier using "a 3.0L version of the DeLorean
> engine." Interestingly enough, this is the same engine that was in
> the 1992 Dodge Monaco.

<SNIP Chrysler Story>

> What does this mean to you? Simple. Anyone who wants to "upgrade"
> their 2.8 to a 3.0 can look at the photographs on the Eagle Premier
> link and see that it looks like it would be a fairly straightforward
> job and a nice fit. Somebody mentioned this in 1996 as I mentioned.
> Now, I imagine you could get an old Premier cheap, but you can get an
> old (91-92) Monaco ever cheaper!!! (Although they may be harder to
> find.)

There was a recent post (sometime in the last month or two) about someone who
had done this conversion. I dont think it would be a drop-in conversion, and it
seems like a lot of work for 30 HP boost.

> ON ANOTHER COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC:
>
> Does anybody know if the "FanZilla" and other Zilla stuff I have been
> reading about in three year old digests is/are still available? I
> have done a websearch and also gone to PJGrady's website and found
> nothing.
<SNIP>

See: http://www.pjgrady.com/ and click on Products. Depending on which "Zilla"
module you want, you can select that area of the car.

Example- if you want to read about the FanZilla, click on Cooling System. If
you want LockZilla, click on Power Locks and Windows.

Or, you can just call them!