Collector Plates

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, jeremysmail@xxxx wrote:
> Wait whats the advantages of this. I must know more.
>
> Jeremy

In many states, registering you car with collector plates can qualify
you for a lot of benifits. Here in Minnesota, when we still had
emmission testing (thank you Jesse Ventura), collector vehicles were
immune to it. Also in MN, there is no sales tax involved when
purchasing a collector vehicle (I wish I knew that one 5 months
ago!). And another good benifit, here in MN, cars with collector
plates are not required to have a front plate! However, there are
some drawbacks. I believe there used to be a law here in MN that
only allowed you to drive your car on weekends. That is no longer
the case here if it was, but you MUST have another "primary" vehicle
registered with regular plates if you are to get collector ones. I'm
sure each state has it's own rules which apply to the cars, and the
DeLorean may not even yet be registerable for some. Try searching
for your state's Department of Public Saftey's website, they had all
of the required info for my state.

Jim Reeve
-6960
Soon with the MN Collector Plate - "DMC6960"