Re: Water In the Fuel Tank?

This problem is not very common on Deloreans. Do you have the fuel
flap and is the car left outside? On corvettes the fuel cap is in a
well under a cover with a drain that easily plugs up so on them at
least it is common to see water in the fuel if the car is parked
outside. More likely you refueled at a station that has a leaking
tank
and the water contaminated the fuel which you pumped in. Do you
regularly go to the same gas station, do you also take other cars
there? Remove as much water as possible and then add 1/2 quart of dry
gas to a full tank of gasoline, use it all up (as much as you can)
and
then refill the gas tank. Do not regularly mix in dry gas, only when
you suspect water in the fuel. Change the fuel filter afterwards and
you should be alright. To remove the water it might be easier to
remove the fuel pump and suck out everything and it also gives you
the
chance to inspect the interior of the tank.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757