Re: Torsion bar adjustment

If your door sags that much chances are a torsion bar adjustment is
required. Try removing the strut after proping open the door, slowly
lower the door and it should remain open 2-5 inches. If it does not DO
NOT attempt to adjust the torsion bar yourself. There are many owners
in Ohio and the surrounding area. You should be able to find someone
with the tools and experience required to help you. You may have to
wait till a club meet but you will not be happy if you attempt to do
it yourself and damage the car and maybe hurt yourself in the process.
You could try switching the struts from side to side, it is possible
to have a bad strut however unlikely. Look in the old posts there are
many references to the struts, torsion bars, doors, and adjustments.
There is an excellent article on adjusting the torsion bars in an old
Delorean World.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757