Delorean and his past projects(even his worst projects WERE WINNERS)

Delorean and his past projects(even his worst projects WERE WINNERS)

[ MODERATOR"S NOTE: I think the Chevy Vega thing has used enough space in a DeLorean newsletter so I'm ending the thread with this post]

Comparing a DeLorean to a Chevy Vega is both an anachromism and
ludicrous!
(I bought a Vega for my wife years ago and that clap trap tincan was
by far
the worst car I have ever owned!)

To be fair with Delorean and his Vega,they were acutally GREAT cars to
modify,for race car purposes(Drag Racing or Street Racing)in fact
(believe it or not) there are some,chevy vegas that have a book value
in access of $50,000,(Motion Perforence built vegas and Yenko built
vegas)Also they were great cars for v-8 conversions,that would
become/ turn 12 second ets in the Quarter mile,with a basic STOCK
body and frame,try that with a Delorean, also a lot
of Pro stock racing was done in Vega Bodies turning 8 second times
in the
200++ mph quarter mile.(Grumpy Jenkins Pro Modified Chevy Vega,(AND
many many others)that Blew away all the competion for years to come)
They were the poor mans A.C. Shelby Cobra,as a Big block chevy would
fit nicely in the engine bay,and setup correct you could have
yourself a 9sec.street sleeper.So even when Delorean was in charge of
a "claptrap Tin can" it turned out for the BEST.

Claude
000570