Re: [DML] Battery drain

Roger,

The syntax on how you are connecting your meter is not clear, but I'll take
a stab at what your problem may be. Randy's car has a similar problem which
is that his starter disable relay is always active even when the ignition is
switched off. So if he leaves his car with the key removed and the
transmission in park or neutral, then the relay stays switched on and his
battery drains. Disconnecting the battery or leaving the car in any gear
kills the relay.

So with your ignition switched off, try putting your car in anything besides
park or neutral and listen for the starter disable relay. --- that is if
your car is an automatic. Maybe a manual transmission works the same way.
I don't know.

Just a shot in the dark...
And can anyone suggest what is up with Randy's car? What would cause the
relay to operate with the ignition off?

Walt Tampa, FL