fan fail+ door module

I think it's really creative for us on the list to discuss different
ways to compensate for the shortcommings of these 2 major areas of the
car's electronics. While some of the fixes are "interesting" many
people on the list are not mechanics or electricians. They are
looking for something that is simple to install and reliable. Instead
of trying to reinvent the wheel the Zilla line of products is exactly
what the car needs.There is something to be said for a standard fix so
that it would be easy for someone else to troubleshoot.If you build
your own fix then pity the next owner or mechanic to try to figure out
what was done.In addition to a "non standard fix" most people are
notoriously bad when it comes to documentation. All one has to do is
see a few of the "fixes" in the fuel pump circuit because the person
didn't understand the inertia switch or RPM relay.If you have not yet
installed the Lockzilla or Fanzilla you should. At some point your fix
WILL fail or your origional parts will fail and the price for the
Zillas will seem small compared to the aggrivation, towing, collateral
damage etc. on a second subject I have been using an eastwood product
called "KOPR-SHIELD". I can't yet say it is the answer to bad contacts
in the fuse block but I haven't had any problems yet. I suppose the
best protection is to keep the contacts clean and TIGHT. If the
contacts are not tight then a vicious circle of events occurs. The
hotter the contacts get the less tension on the connecters the less
tension the more heat until events run away and you have a melt-down.
The first sign might be a smell.It would be very prudent to keep a
small fire extingwisher in the event of the unthinkable. On a recent
trip with another "D" his fan relay bypass wire melted and lead to a
few scary moments. Fortunatly there was no damage and we repaired it
temporarlay so he could drive home. The bypass wire was supposed to be
a temporary fix untill the factory could do better 18 years ago! How
many cars are out there running on the origional fan relay or the
bypass wire? The first thing a new owner should do is get the relay
and circuit breaker upgrades and 2 Zillas.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 YES I have installed the Zillas and they are GREAT