Re: Door lock module contributing to battery drain

Re: Door lock module contributing to battery drain

Knut, If anyone has a bad door lock module or one I could look at
that has been opened, I bet I could come up with a Fix. Down here in
Texas I drive my car year round and don't notice things like that.
This is where a good hot battery with lots of current capacity comes
in. I have a clip on 12 volt fan I leave running in my car during hot
days all day long and it doesn't drain the battery down.
John
11004,6935,6568
www.specialTauto.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Grimsrud, Knut S"
<knut.s.grimsrud@xxxx> wrote:
> Because I have a daily driver DeLorean in addition to my new one
that I'm
> restoring, my good DMC doesn't get out much during these rainy
winter months
> (I'm in Oregon, so it gets pretty sloppy around here this time of
year).
> I've been a little curious about the gradual battery discharge that
our cars
> seem to be so susceptible to, so I did a little investgating last
weekend.

> It is well known that the console clock and radio consume a trickle
of
> current. However, when pulling the radio fuse there is still a
slight power
> drain (at least on my cars). In fact, after pulling all the fuses
my cars
> still have a power drain from the batter of around 11mA. This isn't
very
> much, but is sufficient to slowly degrade a battery over time.
>
> In trying to track down this power trickle, what I found was that
the door
> lock module on my car draws the additional 11mA of current. I
haven't
> disassembled or reverse-engineered the module yet to understand why
it draws
> a trickle current, but it appears to do so. I'm not sure if the
LockZilla