Re: Brake Light...

> Got a question for you. Could someone explain under what conditions the
> red "brake" light on the dash would come on? I know it isn't b/c of the
> parking brake...the one on mine has been dead for a long time.

It actually does light when the parking-brake is applied...
Maybe your micro-switch is disconnected or faulty.
It's part# 100822 and can be found in the partsmanual in
section 6-2-1, on the picture it is pointed out by a 3.

> It came on while driving the other day. Then went off a minute later.
> It came on tonight too, but it was raining out...

The light also comes on when your brake-fluid is too low, but since that
switch is on top of the master-brake-cilinder, maybe some moisture
is shorting out the switch, makeing the light come on.

On most modern cars there's also a Wear-indicator on the brake-pads,
making the warning-light come on when the (front) pads need replacing.
A DeLorean doesn't have such a set-up, sa you can rule that out for sure.

Good luck on trouble-shooting,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000