Backlit VS Digital?

The first time I saw a post about the Digital Dash from Dakota digital I
looked at it and thought it would be the coolest thing! It might be a
little nightriderish, but it seems like an appropriate modification for a
car as sleek as the Delorean. I have been debating whether to get on the
bandwagon for the digital dash, or the backlit dash, which seems to be a
happy medium between stock and digital. I do Have some questions which I
would like clarified about these items:
The digital dash, would it require calibration of the speedometer or any
other guages? I am not sure how all of the wires are connected under
there, but how much of a bear would it be to get everything hooked up?
Where would the power be supplied from to run the dash constantly, and how
much power does it take? The group discout brought the price down to $600
around, but if it will require a lot of retrofitting and wire splicing, it
may not be worth it.
The Backlit dash seems to be the best way to go, as it would be completely
stock when the lights are out (if you care about stock look) and you can
get it with a faster spedometer.
Would the speedometer be calibrated by the maker, or is that something we
would need to take care of? for $250 I am inclined to go with the backlit
dash.
I feel that it is important to get these questions answers before people
start emptying their pockets more than they had thought they would need to.
Thanks
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167
6808