Re: Running rich

Chris, You say there is 12 volts, I assume that is to the FV. But is
the other side of the FV grounded when your testing. The yellow/red
wire coming off the RPM relay feeds 12v to the lambda relay coil when
the car is running. If this is ok then check the 12v coming off 87b
terminal or red/purple wire coming off the lambda relay going to the
FV. If you have 12v there then make sure the FV is grounded thru the
red/brown wire. Jolt it a few times with the voltage and if it
doesn't run then it's probably bad. Make sure the lambda ECU is
grounded and remove the connector and put it back.If you get the FV
to run then let the 02 sensor heat up and depress the full throttle
switch and see if it changes speed.
If it turnes out that the FV is bad. I will buy it. Hope it turns out
to be something simple. FV are about $120.00.
John Hervey

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "chris" <chris@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi group
>
> My frequency valve is not buzzing, i have tested the pin 3 on the
diagnostic plug and direct to the frequency valve using a frequency
meter and a scope and there is no nice 'square' wave in fact there is
very little. There is +12v though.
> I was told solonoids are very reliable, but its possible in extreme
hot and cold that it could cause them to stop working which could
effect the ECU too. My car was left outside in NJ for around 8 years.