Idle Speed Regulator Problems.

I'm having a porblem with my idle speed regultor (brand new unit
BTW). When the key is turned to the "ON" position, the idle speed
regultor goes to a full open position constantly running the car @
2500 RPM's. The idle speed switch is working properly, and I've even
manually grounded the connection with no change in the idle. Idle ECU
is recieving power, and all ground connections have been cleaned.
Plug on the regultor does have power on all 3 connections. However,
on the white/slate colored wire for the RPM input on the idle ECU, I
am not able to detect any voltage at all. The wire is connected
properly to the left side of the ignition coil, and the car refuses
to start and run without the wire plugged in. According to the
diagrams for the idle ECU and the ignition ECU both modules use this
same wire. But how does it connect to the idle ECU? Does the wire
split somewhere to feed both units via a direct connection, or does
it enter the ignition ECU first and then loop back to the idle ECU?
In the relay compartment I found 5 white/slate wires connected in a
nutcap. Don't know if they are related, but they appeared to be fine.
Any ideas?

-Robert