Re: [DML] Re:storage was oil filers

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:45:23 -0000, David Teitelbaum wrote:
There are many different ways to store a car.

I worked overseas for a few years and stored my DeLorean. I lived in
Houston and it is not an ideal place to store anything. I bought a Carcoon
and drove the D to Phoenix and found a storage area that would allow me to
hook up the Carcoon. When I returned, the car was clean, in fact it looked
like it was washed the day before. It was, but that day was quite a while
before.

The car was on jackstands, the motor oil was synthetic and had been changed
just a few miles before I left Houston. The tank was full of fuel purchased
for the most part in the hinderlands of Arizona and topped up in Phoenix.
The one thing I would do different is change the clutch and brake fluids. I
was stranded several weeks after I returned to Houston because the clutch
went out. The rubber was effected by storage. I had the brakes fixed
before they went out. The battery was kept charged by the Carcoon and I
drove back to Houston after checking all fluid levels with no problems.

Dee-Moats
vin #4434

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html