Re: Trouble Free Trip

It has been my experiance that unless you do all of the work required
of a 20 year old car it will not be reliable. Ask someone who is
having problems the last time he changed ALL of the fluids in the car
and don,t forget the brake fluid! The Delorean has several well known
weak points that with a few mods and upgrades can make the car as
reliable as any WELL MAINTAINED car on the road. The bottom line is
that with the proper care after any initial problems are fixed the car
will give very reliable service. There are many owners who still use
their cars as daily drivers. You cannot buy a "D" with 20 miles that
has been sitting in someone's living room for 20 years and go out and
use it like a new car because it isn't.Many of our "D"s" have never
been fixed "right" by mechanics who don't know the quirks of the car.
Hopefully this list can better inform everyone of how to care for our
cars and not like the DOA says show everyone how "crummy" they are
because a few owners are having some problems that where never fixed
right.I have seen many cars that didn't even have all of the recalls!
A better informed owner will take better care of his car or at least
know what to expect of it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 Yes, I had been stuck a few times too.

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, milestwo@xxxx wrote:
> To all we read about repairs and problems with our D's, I just got
back from
> the DOA convention in Las Vegas.
- - -