My D died twice in a month. Beat that!

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I'm a new DeLorean owner (4 months). So far, so good,
except for when I'm in the rain. A couple weeks ago I had a problem with
the cooling system, but a stainless tank and a new hose fixed me
up. Tonight (again in the rain), I felt the car acting sluggish as soon as
I started driving. I stopped at a gas station to make sure water hadn't
gotten into the fuel pump. There was a bit of water on the rubber boot,
but the boot wasn't loose or cracked. I dried it up and got on the
highway. I felt it acting sluggish again, so I pulled off at the next exit
and the car stalled. I pushed it to a lot, but somehow got it started
again. I crept 5 blocks to my office, having problems all the way.

So here's what I know about my car. I do not have a throttle cover. I
believe I read that this prevents rain from doing harm in some way or
another. I also don't have the muffler heat shields (but I can't see why
this would be it). That's all I know of as far as missing parts.

Does anyone have any advice? I just know that when I get to work tomorrow
the car will run fine until the next time it rains. I'd rather find the
problem and fix it than just dodge rain.

Also, since I'm new to the bay area, does anyone know a good DeLorean
mechanic in the south bay area? I saw a DeLorean parked in front of a
house literally right around the corner from my office in Mountain View,
so I know I must be close. :)

Thanks,
Christian