Re: Fuel Injector flex lines

You are correct in that once the lines are filled with fuel whatever
goes in comes out in equal volume. Remember not all of the origional
lines are of equal length anyway. What you should be more concerned
about in changing the lines is that the fuel is under high pressure
and any leak will turn into a blowtorch. If you replace the lines or
fittings you MUST use the correct materiels (compatible with fuel) and
fittings capable of operating under the temperatures and pressures
which the origional parts were capable of. Anything less and if the
worst were to happen it is possible the insurance company won't pay.
This is another example of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".The hoses
of the fuel system are not prone to failure, the worst that can happen
to them short of a fire is that they can get dirty inside from dirty
fuel. If you want to "dress up" your engine just put some kind of
covering over the hoses.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Sean Howley" <tsuyoi@xxxx> wrote:
> My friend and I were discussing the DeLorean fuel injection system
today and we came up with an issue that I am curious about whether or
not our conclusion was correct. The question is: If I were to
replace my fuel lines supplying the injectors and installed the wrong
hose size (larger inside diameter than stock), would this effect the
operation of the system in any way?

> Our conclusion was that no matter what the size of the tube, as the
fuel in added by the fuel distributor, the amount exiting should be
the same as stock. In other words, the fuel line is only a reservoir
for "holding" the fuel as it is moved to the injector.