Re: manual transmission woes

Andy

Sounds like you broke the pivot bolt that goes in the middle of the
shift linkage. If you're lucky it just came unscrewed.

You have to raise the car, it is in an oval hole in the center of the
frame. Easy fix once you find it. It is INSIDE the frame.

If you have the parts book, you can see it on page 4/2/0, the ID is
17, the part number is 110183 from a DMC place. Good luck with it.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i just got an 82 delorean on friday. unfortunately i've already
had a
> problem with it.
>
> today i was just about to shift out of 1st gear (i was downtown and
in
> traffic. not going fast, just normal speed) when i pushed in the
clutch and
> tried to shift, the stick just went loose and now it's like it's
out of
> place. you can move it around all over the place but it won't
stick
> anywhere. i'm stuck in 1st gear now (i think it's first. might be
2nd).
> does anyone have a clue what is happening here?
>
> just a note - i'm in fargo ND and the roads are all slushy and wet.
maybe