Re: fuel sender (was A Few Questions)

In a message dated 11/9/00 9:23:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Buckeye99@xxxx writes:

<< The tank sending unit(fuel gauage) only works half the time. The previous
owner has just installed a new one within the past year from DMC Houston. Is
their a short or maybe a loose connection? >>

Joel, you might also have gunk in your fuel sending unit sleeve, causing the
float to stick. I took my sender out last week in the process of cleaning
the tank and mine was loaded with black silt. Yuk! The unit is only two
years old... I have the receipt from the prior owner. But the pickup hose
and boot are deteriorating, which is why I had it apart. The prior owner's
mechanic "cleaned and repaired" the tank and components (not a "real" DMC
shop!)
You'd think with a new sender being installed, they'd at least check the
rubber parts! Nope. I was leaking gasoline into the neck of the pump boot
(rot) and onto the top of the sender (no seal ring!) I've been too busy to
finish it... the inertia switch had been bypassed too... but I'll rinse out
my sender with gas before I button it up for good.

-Wayne
vin 11174
The New DeLorean Manuals Project