Re: [DML] Tires

When you turn into a corner and the car wants to continue straight more than
it wants to turn it's called understeer. Oversteer is just the oposite. In
the case of a rear engine car like the DeLorean, you have excess weight
hanging out behind the rear axle and at some point things will emulate a
pendulum and the engine will try to swing around the front wheels center
line. To fight this tendency Lotus used larger wheels and tires at the rear
along with an unusually wide track both front and rear. It works quite well
and the DeLorean takes a lot of push before the rear starts wanting to come
around. The compromise is that we have to put up with a bit of understeer.

Bruce Benson