RE: [DML] Tires

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "softer" tires means lower density rubber, and
affects mostly the grip of the tire on the road and the wear durability of the
tire. Some prefer a "harder" higher density rubber tires for cars because it
increases the life of the tire, in exchange for stopping distance and some
handeling. (There are even tires out that have dual density, so as the tire
wears down, the lower density rubber emerges and the grip on the road
increases.) I hope this helps clarify what I think Jim was saying.

Why would changing the rubber density of the tire affect the safty, other than
changing how the car handles?

John