big coolant leak... somewhere

Ok, remember that scene from Back to the Future when Einstein is sent into
the future 1 minute? And then when the car stops, all the steam shoots out
of the back? Yeah, that was me last night (minus the time traveling part).

I was in stop and go traffic in the rain last night, and then got onto
another highway where i got up to full speed for about a mile. When I got
off the highway, I noticed the steam shooting out of the back of my
car. With all the talk of deloreans catching on fire lately on the list, i
feared the worst. Anyway, all of the steam seemed to be coming from right
near the plastic coolant resevoir. I got a tow home and then inspected the
car. I took the coolant bottle out and checked it out for cracks. I
couldn't find any, and all of the hoses seemed tight with no obvious holes
of their own.

My car is post-VIN 1234, so I have the later coolant system. There's only
a couple connections right in that area that it could be. So my current
plan of action is to pick up a stainless steel coolant resevoir and
possibly replace the 2 hoses (one that runs from the bottle to the pipe,
and the pipe to the water pump) that are in the area. Should I be checking
anything else? Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks, and happy halloween!

-Christian