RE: [DML] Re:1982 DMC is concours?

Hmmm...I'm sure I've already made my position on concours clear. (Hint: the
next time I get judged, I want it to be by God.)

BUT: James, you make some good points. I would expect a car *advertised*
as concours or "concours-ready" to have ALL original parts, receipts, etc.
and have no modifications that could not be easily reverted to stock. I
would also expect it to have no visibly worn parts (pedals, steering wheel,
seats, carpet) and be very clean, if not downright immaculate. A perfect
Delorean, OTOH, goes to work with me every day. :-)

A car advertised as a "concours winner" would probably not get my attention.
Such a car is more of a museum piece and I buy cars to drive.

Yeah, that's it! Think of a concours as a contest to see which car gets
into the Smithsonian, which would clearly be for trailer-queen,
garage-dwellers only. Amongst cars that are driven daily, the only measure
of perfection is the level of joy the car imparts unto the driver, and in
that case we're all winners.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695

P.S. ...only some of us get to the winner's circle faster than others, ha
ha ha

<SNIP>
> ...The thread started because someone referred to a "perfect" car as
> being "concours". The terms are quite different, which again, as I
> mentioned above, is where most of the disagreement lies...
</SNIP>