Re:1982 DMC is concours?

In the most recent concours held in Cleavland and going by the judging
manual created by James Espey and Steve Wynn of DMC Houston the car
would have points deducted for every change or modifacation from "BONE
STOCK" (including the smaller circuit breakers for the cooling fans
and blower and old door lock module). In some other concours events
held by other marques if you have the correct parts on the ground by
the car or can produce documentation that the car was sold by the
dealer that way they will accept it.Some car clubs like AACA allow any
safety related changes like turn signals, seat belts, safety glass
etc. As long as the owner has the origional parts and didn't cut the
car up you can return it to stock condition. A perfect concours car
would IMHO require all zillas which is a considerable investment plus
new tires, header bottle, radiater, battery switch, etc to be a good
and reliable daily driver and not just a show car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 2nd place Cleavland Millenium 2000 concours

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 10/26/00 9:43:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> malevy@xxxx writes:
>
> << Concourse? Not by the current DMC judging standards..
>
> Cliff mentioned that this car had all of the upgrades such as
LockZilla,
> FanZilla, TankZilla, Steel Braided Clutch line, ect...
>
> Please be aware that this car, although it may be the "Perfect
DeLorean",