Re: trailing arm bolts & toe-in adjustment

Re: trailing arm bolts & toe-in adjustment

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
. . . . trailing arm bolts being
> > inserted in opposite directions. Which is the correct
orientation or does
> > orientation matter?
>
> A: Although the orientation is not critical the factory installed
the bolts
> with the heads facing outwards.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the definition of "heads facing" I
disagree - if this was the case you'd have to lift the body from the
frame to remove the bolts (or cut them off). Every one I've seen (not
as many as Joe!) has the bolt heads facing the transmission (inside
of the frame), with the nuts on the outside almost against the
fiberglass underbody.

Dave Swingle