repainting trunk & repair shop

Hello,
The previous owner of my car had the trunk all decked out with stereo
equipment(removed before I purchased car). It looks as if he painted the
fiberglass several times and now it is starting to chip and peal. I was
wondering what color paint I should use when repainting it. should I just
sand the old stuff down and paint over it?
Also, does anyone know if Dan Pfiefer Lincoln Mercury in Grand Rapids
will still works on DeLoreans. I called a while back and they said no. I
was just told by a former employee that they will now and then, just curious
to see if anyone has used them. From what I understand they were one of the
largest DeLorean dealers at one time. They had a huge auction to sell the
remaining cars I remember.(almost 25 I believe)
My DMC is going to a dealer on Thursday that has never worked on a
DeLorean before but the mechanic seems to loves Volvos and does great work on
my VW....Well, I gotta call the wrecker now. I bet I get a stupid Cocaine

Thanks
David