Re: [DML] Very weird problem

dmcdelorean2@xxxx wrote:

> . . . I made a turn and went straight, all of a sudden I looked at
> my rear view mirror and my car was smoking heavily in the rear.

If there were no flames, then this might have been steam from a coolant leak.
Generally, things that make smoke without flames build up gradually, while sudden
plumes came from fires and steaming coolant leaks. What color was the smoke?
How did it smell?

> I assumed the engine got too hot, but the temp was only at half way.

Usually the temp indicator will clue you in to coolant leaks quickly. Maybe your
tranny developed a leak?

DMC Joe recommended that you check your tranny fluid level. This is a good idea,
but I think that you need to have the engine running to get a proper reading. If
all your coolant has leaked out you should not start your engine. So my
recommendation is to first make sure that you have plenty of coolant, and that
your water pump looks okay, and that your cooling fans operate normally. Then
start your engine and check your tranny fluid level.

Regardless, we need more information to make a full diagnosis.

- Mike