Put a fire-extinguisher in your car!

Hello all,

If you haven't got one allready, I would really like to urge everyone on the list
to put a Fire-extinguisher in their cars!

up untill yesterday I didn't have one in either my DeLorean, nor my Ford Escort
and boy am I glad someone else did! I was just driving along in my Ford, when all
of a sudden thick ribbons of smoke emersed just behind my Steeringwheel.
I immediately stoped, shut off the ignition end turned off my lights (the smoke
came from my lightswitch), but they stayed on.

I pulled ALL fuses in a panic-reaction, but the smoke grew thicker untill I had
fot-long flames licking my windshield!
If it hadn't been for a passer-by with an extinguisher, I probably would only have
had a DeLorean right now and a scrapheap that used to be an Escort...

First thing I did after arranging a tow was buy two (one for each of my cars)
CO2-extinguishers; my Escort was put out with a Powder-extinguisher, and this really
makes a terrible mess (and smells very bad too!!!)

So everyone please put one in your car(s), if not for your own safety
(and that of your car) then at least for the safety of everyone else on the road
besides you.

Thanx,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/

PS. DAGGER is all right; it's going to be my daily driver for a while...